Monday, May 28, 2012

Malunggay Tuna Pesto Pasta

Thanks to my N@wie sis, Maqui for this recipe. I did tweak it a bit cause I was too lazy to sauté it. LOL.

Malunggay Pesto Sauce

You will need:
·         Malunggay
·         Extra Virgin Olive Oil
·         Garlic
·         Cashew Nuts
·         Parmesan Cheese

Mix all ingredients in a blender, pulse until desired consistency is achieved. Viola, Malunggay Pesto Sauce! J

Additional tip: I really wanted the flavor of Basil, but  I didn’t have fresh Basil leaves so I just added dried Basil (the ones you can buy from McCormick)

Malunggay Tuna Pesto Pasta

You will need:
·         Malunggay Pesto Sauce
·         Garlic
·         1 can of tuna in oil (drain but save the oil)
·         Nestle Cream
·         Parmesan Cheese

How to make:
1. Using the oil from the tuna, sauté the garlic until slightly brown
2. Add in drained Tuna. Saute for a few minutes.
3. Mix in Malunggay Pesto Sauce
4.  Lower the heat then add in Nestle Cream
5. Add the cheese

Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment